Skip to main content

Action and Knowledge

So far, so good! I am yet in great dilemma to decide which is going to be force that will design my path? i feel some thirst for knowledge, but I can't enjoy labeling some churning of data, or putting one's own perspective on some uncertain event and terming it as understanding. but even true knowledge is searched, it is gained, what if one realizes that it is going to be impotent? what if one realizes that all piles of knowledge about particular subject are not going to make difference of smallest scale to one who actually undergoes the even about which knowledge is concerned? this troubles, this hurts and more than it, it makes me to think am I doing what? a impact less search of knowledge or am I executing chain of actions to whom I haven't given any minute of analysis.
It is very easy to say that knowledge and action should be combined. but there is one very crucial point which is encountered by all those who try to make this fusion. as one seeks knowledge, he realizes that our knowledge about any event, any action is based on perspective. one tries to be as absolute as possible and then only some grains of knowledge can be achieved. this try to become as absolute as possible makes knowledge seeker more and more remote from impulse of actions. and that weakens the connection of knowlege and action.
On other side, one who is in constant stream of action learns to work more and more on rule of thumbs. there are times when such action person works wholely on impulses which knowledge seeker might term totally irrational. action person finds that knowledge search might kill action impulses to which he is kind of addctive. such knowledge person might have delusion of difference or impact made by actions. so again connection between his experince of action with knowledge of those actions weakens.
this makes clear what is the problem in "fusion of knowledge and action'.

I need to live my life, which is far apart from this philosophy. so what is my empirical problem?
I am learning Economics(am I?) this is social science(again disputed sentence). so it is full of decisions made by human beings. and such phenomenon are analyzed under various headings os social sciences. i guess all this research in social sciences is just for personal pleasure, personal passion of understanding social and personal choices. it is never going to be comprehensive and hence it is never going to generate impact which is expected from it. this might be the very bold statement to put at this earlier stage of my learning process. but this is what I feel.
on other hand, physical sciences are not going to encounter same uncertainity as social studies have. they do deal with uncertainities, but it is more of the type about whose nature one can make certain assumptions and assumptions which are closer to whar reality is.
so i feel inclination toward search of knowledge which is out from human decision making.

and here comes the advantages and disadvantages of my current position in life. which is I certainly not going to put here as I know there is one (may be just assumed) reader apart from myself, who is going to live this writing. i dont want this writings as justification of my actions. but i want this as sign board put on path which was not taken before and which may tell some knowledge seeker ,"hey man, this is not the path which is right. so please seek new one which in not yet proved wrong."
why my sign is for wrong and not for right is known by all who knows that we really neve know; we know that this is limit for approximation of knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Mirror for the local train

 Black Mirror is the poison I look forward to consuming. The ideas of humanity in the increased scope of technology are sometimes so well-portrayed that the mark of philosophical deadlock stays on one’s mind for long. With these expectations, I was bit disappointed with the first two episodes of the latest season (released in June 2023). First one was fine, though utterly predictable for those with long association with series. The second one is not even a Blank Mirror episode. By just being a psychological thriller, it doesn’t even the fit to the theme Black Mirror has explored. Finally, it hit home with the third one. There it is, a question, who we are, staring in our face as the story unfolds. The episode reminded me of a cynical imagination I have nursed for long. While commuting in suburban local trains of Mumbai, I have always wondered about it when I have felt crushed right at the start of the day by a giant wave of increasingly homogenous human existence. What if two ind

Joy

i am alone, somehow at the balance of memories and dreams, some encounters with reality practically, a room for me, a laptop, movie, food, coffee, cigarettes and loneliness to get kick out of everything.... fucking nice life! missing a mate or complete loneliness!!

Camus’ ‘The Plague’, a podcast and some thoughts about religion

For last 100 days, I am living in the shadow of epidemic. What exactly is this shadow? Part of this shadow, a small part, is death. For my age, the threat of death is not large. The great part of the shadow is possible agony of being helpless if I or my dear ones must access the health facilities. From what neighborhood WhatsApp and Social media gossip is, the hospital bed is new elite consumption. It is only one’s access to influence that can fetch a Covid-19 patient in my town a hospital bed in my town. Patients are being admitted to hospitals in other towns, sometimes 60 or more km away. Relatives often have to frantically call hospital after hospital, seek any outlet for help, all the while worrying about prospect of the patient. Possibility of this experience is the great part of the shadow. The remaining part is the boredom induced by being stuck at home.             Plague is not really a great metaphor for Covid-19. Covid-19 is far too less lethal than what Plague was. But we