Skip to main content

Epileptic seizure

But doctor tell me what was it? He kept asking this repeatedly. At last doctor said, “You had epileptic seizure.” He could not believe in what he heard. He had just fainted by acute pains he had when nurse removed vein flow. “But I had such experiences before. I lied down for half an hour, ate something and everything was fine. I didn’t even chew my tongue, cried, or yelled. Why are you naming it seizure and extending my hospitalization?” his questions were filled completely by surprise and frustration he is feeling right at this moment.
“ It would have been severe is you would have bitten your tongue. Seizures can be of various types. You had one and as you are telling you had few before.” Doctor calmly replied, with added determination to avoid this patient.
He thought of his childhood and youth, which were constrained by his weak body. Since last few days, he was feeling that he has passed those limits and he is really living. He cannot imagine next every day, moment of his life shaded by uncertainty of being weak, being dependent. He sighed and tears almost rolled down his eyes. It seems that he is like a helpless small tree in the road, waiting to die by a storm.
“but why you are so dull? You have to take medicines and rest. You will be fine” Doctor tried to bring him in good spirits.
“Huh, what is use of such life, doctor? I am always shaded by one or another fear. I hate such life.”
Doctor knew him for last 10 years. They know it is difficult to console him by any argument. He thought of tried something else.
“You must be thinking that how can you have epilepsy at this age and not since childhood. However, it can happen. I had my first seizure a month back, in this cabin. But I am fine now. You can be same. Come on! It is not the end.”
His face lit. He left room with hope to have bright tomorrow.
Doctor sat on the chair and sighed. Suddenly he thought about lie he had just used. He felt a tension in his legs. He stretched his legs or did they get stretched itself. He felt something revolving around or inside his head. He is viewing so many images and listening to so many voices in his head. He is just forgetting where he is, what is the time and what is happening with him. Sweat covered his face and a light kept appearing in front of his closed eyes…what is it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Mirror for the local train

 Black Mirror is the poison I look forward to consuming. The ideas of humanity in the increased scope of technology are sometimes so well-portrayed that the mark of philosophical deadlock stays on one’s mind for long. With these expectations, I was bit disappointed with the first two episodes of the latest season (released in June 2023). First one was fine, though utterly predictable for those with long association with series. The second one is not even a Blank Mirror episode. By just being a psychological thriller, it doesn’t even the fit to the theme Black Mirror has explored. Finally, it hit home with the third one. There it is, a question, who we are, staring in our face as the story unfolds. The episode reminded me of a cynical imagination I have nursed for long. While commuting in suburban local trains of Mumbai, I have always wondered about it when I have felt crushed right at the start of the day by a giant wave of increasingly homogenous human existence. What if two ind

Joy

i am alone, somehow at the balance of memories and dreams, some encounters with reality practically, a room for me, a laptop, movie, food, coffee, cigarettes and loneliness to get kick out of everything.... fucking nice life! missing a mate or complete loneliness!!

Camus’ ‘The Plague’, a podcast and some thoughts about religion

For last 100 days, I am living in the shadow of epidemic. What exactly is this shadow? Part of this shadow, a small part, is death. For my age, the threat of death is not large. The great part of the shadow is possible agony of being helpless if I or my dear ones must access the health facilities. From what neighborhood WhatsApp and Social media gossip is, the hospital bed is new elite consumption. It is only one’s access to influence that can fetch a Covid-19 patient in my town a hospital bed in my town. Patients are being admitted to hospitals in other towns, sometimes 60 or more km away. Relatives often have to frantically call hospital after hospital, seek any outlet for help, all the while worrying about prospect of the patient. Possibility of this experience is the great part of the shadow. The remaining part is the boredom induced by being stuck at home.             Plague is not really a great metaphor for Covid-19. Covid-19 is far too less lethal than what Plague was. But we