Skip to main content

About 'the' day

About the day? When did it start? When did it end? Did I learn anything or was it just remembering rush of adrenalin that I feel time to time? Is it about scenes of hills, ranges of mountains, skies, sunrise and sunset, roads and fields? Is it about people who are still searching different sort of happiness? Is it about women, who are cheerful and willing to work despite drunkard husbands, displaced homes and non-existent support structure? Is it about mix of it whole, which we chalk as problematic? Is it about urban arrogance that I encountered at the start? Is it about anything, except whirlpool of thoughts inside me?
There is one thing for sure. There is a side, which I do not know. To every sorrow defined, there is hope undefined and challenging it. To every success celebrated, there is weak but constant stream which flows in opposite and yet, happy. Leaders are not just those who preach and forget. There are few who lead their life and others’ with small but constant steps of development. Heroes are unsung, if they exist. When they are just imagined, they are worshiped.
It was not just waste, the past that I love to curse. In a person who loves complete devotion, there is freedom to give up the freedom.
It is good to see it and that too on the day, when I complete 24. What are these years gone by? Mere memories? Some footprints of dreams?
People make me hate myself. People help me to take myself. I reside in all. I found them in myself. It is urges to converse and drives of silences. I decide to love or to hate. I decide to laugh or to cry. Why not I decide to just watch it? Why not I decide to celebrate every small but sure learning? Why not I loose myself in my own search?
Happy birthday Kiran. Be happy, even if it is not birthday. After all, you take birth and die every moment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is so important yet so difficult to write about a day, a day we owe something to. Though every moment is a new experience, some days are still special. It is not recollecting what happened since morning, making a list of what I did today or how well I utilized the day. You simply can’t do that. It is the day that is utilizing you. Every moment you live it teaches you, explores theories that assimilate into you. You try to grasp as much possible, then the experiences you had, the people you met can no more be defined. All you can do is pen down the true feelings which only you know are true. Happy everyday Kiran!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Mirror for the local train

 Black Mirror is the poison I look forward to consuming. The ideas of humanity in the increased scope of technology are sometimes so well-portrayed that the mark of philosophical deadlock stays on one’s mind for long. With these expectations, I was bit disappointed with the first two episodes of the latest season (released in June 2023). First one was fine, though utterly predictable for those with long association with series. The second one is not even a Blank Mirror episode. By just being a psychological thriller, it doesn’t even the fit to the theme Black Mirror has explored. Finally, it hit home with the third one. There it is, a question, who we are, staring in our face as the story unfolds. The episode reminded me of a cynical imagination I have nursed for long. While commuting in suburban local trains of Mumbai, I have always wondered about it when I have felt crushed right at the start of the day by a giant wave of increasingly homogenous human existence. What if two ind

Joy

i am alone, somehow at the balance of memories and dreams, some encounters with reality practically, a room for me, a laptop, movie, food, coffee, cigarettes and loneliness to get kick out of everything.... fucking nice life! missing a mate or complete loneliness!!

Camus’ ‘The Plague’, a podcast and some thoughts about religion

For last 100 days, I am living in the shadow of epidemic. What exactly is this shadow? Part of this shadow, a small part, is death. For my age, the threat of death is not large. The great part of the shadow is possible agony of being helpless if I or my dear ones must access the health facilities. From what neighborhood WhatsApp and Social media gossip is, the hospital bed is new elite consumption. It is only one’s access to influence that can fetch a Covid-19 patient in my town a hospital bed in my town. Patients are being admitted to hospitals in other towns, sometimes 60 or more km away. Relatives often have to frantically call hospital after hospital, seek any outlet for help, all the while worrying about prospect of the patient. Possibility of this experience is the great part of the shadow. The remaining part is the boredom induced by being stuck at home.             Plague is not really a great metaphor for Covid-19. Covid-19 is far too less lethal than what Plague was. But we